Red River Academy
For a complete list of options call us at:
IS MY CHILD AT RISK?
Following are a few signs that my indicate that a child is at risk:
- Changes in appearance and personal hygiene.
- Changes in friends and associations. Refusal to bring associates to the home.
- Sexual acting out.
- Depression shown by sustained, prolonged negative mood and attitude, often accompanied by poor
appetite, difficulty sleeping or thoughts of death.
- Abuse of alcohol and/or drugs.
- Loss of interest in former activities, sports, or hobbies.
- Threats of self-harm or harm to others. Suicidal ideations or talk.
- Self-injury or self-destructive behavior.
- Frequent outbursts of anger, verbal or physical aggression.
- Threats to run away.
- Aggressive or non-aggressive consistent violation of rights of others; opposition
to family rules, authority, truancy, thefts, or vandalism. Beginning of legal
- Strange thoughts and feelings; and unusual behaviors.
- Manipulative and deceitful behaviors.
- Lack of self-esteem.
- Parental distrust and disapproval of teen's activities.